Shetland dating

Other settlements include Uyeasound, home to Greenwell's Booth (a Hanseatic warehouse) and Muness Castle (built in 1598 and sacked by pirates in 1627); and Haroldswick, location of a boat museum and a heritage centre.

There are three island names in Shetland of unknown and possibly pre-Celtic origin: Unst, Fetlar and Yell.

Work was undertaken on three longhouses - of which 60 are known of on the island - at Hamar, Underhoull and Belmont.It has an area of 46 square miles (120 km Unst is largely grassland, with coastal cliffs.Its main village is Baltasound, formerly the second largest herring fishing port after Lerwick and now the location of a leisure centre and the island's airport.A cold weekend with wintry showers dying out on Saturday as fresh NWly winds ease.Sunday mainly dry and bright with winds falling light.Prestigious, stone-built, detached town villa in very convenient, sought-after, central Lerwick location on Twageos Road, within walking distance of Commercial Street and the small boat harbour, and also pleasant walks around the parkland at the Knab.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!